Read what is being said about SwisSKIsafari
- 2 smashed and exhausted but elated guys just finished their ascent and descent and are safe and well. For both of us this was the most physically and mentally challenging thing we've done.
- We climbed not with our bodies which were finished long ago but with our minds, there is something truly wonderful about being able to think about nothing else in the world but where you will put your next step and the mountain and conditions allow you nothing else. You are forced to be completely in the moment, and to do it together father and son is the greatest of blessings. Danielle and the guides Paul and Pascal were absolutely marvellous taking care of our every need.
- Swisskisafari choppers drop off skiers near the top of peaks, and then guides lead them down runs that seem to go on forever. In some cases, you'll get a three-plus-hour run descending more than 8,000 vertical feet from summit to valley floor in stunningly beautiful country. Now that's skiing.
- A great taste of the regional specialties.
- Pinch me moment: The rock climbing and glacier walks were truly memorable
A great mixture of exercise and relaxation.
- Climbing the Via Feratta to Monzino! Hardest thing we ever did! Very satisfying reaching the top and the views are well worth it. This trip exceeds expectations.
- A classy Auberge in an ideal setting. Guides: Excellent. Edy was very patient and professional.
- Just a quick note to say thanks for organising this trip - just got back and had an excellent time!
- We went up a fabulous mountain trail on ski shoes - eating local bread, meat and cheese washed down with red wine on top of a mountain next to a restaurant buried in the snow was an experience we'll remember forever!
- The flights, transfers and hotel were perfect - in fact we couldn't have wished for a better location, view or choice of restaurants within 5 minutes walk!
- Courmayeur was beautiful, we really enjoyed exploring the town and eating (and drinking) in the local restaurants.
- Once again, many thanks for arranging this, we appreciate that you adapted the planned itinerary to accommodate our needs, and we really enjoyed doing something totally different!.
Whether you’re into travel books or not, grab yourself a copy of National Geographic’s Journeys of a Lifetime: 500 of the World’s Greatest Trips. You may find a description of a heli-skiing company you recognise on page 349. The words they have written are the essence of what SwisSkiSafari believes most: that the European Alps provide the perfect backdrop for world-class heli-skiing down untouched descents. Mixed with the rich history and culture of Switzerland, Italy and France, as well as unique luxurious hotels with masses of charm, there is something here for everyone.Condé Nast Traveller
"By day we would be in mountain wilderness away from the comfort zone of the pistes; at night we would be enjoying five-star accommodation in the best hotels. No sleeping bags in draughty mountain huts; just log fires, heated swimming pools and fine wine to help us enjoy the adventure."
"Once the only route between northern and southern Europe, the Mont Joux Pass, as it was formally called, has seen more high adventure than Indiana Jones. A handful of monks from the order of St Augustine still reside up at 2, 470 meters, offering hospitality and shelter to weary travelers just as their predecessors did. Hiking up from a nearby helicopter pad is not to be compared with an Antarctic expedition, but there was a sense of achievement in reaching the hospice."
"For a couple of the west coasters, the point of the ski safari was becoming clearer. We would never have come to this place on our own."
"An adventurous ski journey across borders in the Alps to places that most people believe can only be accessed by bearded mountain men."Outside Traveler - USA
"The tantalizing fact is that immense, snowy playgrounds sprawl just beyond cobblestone streets, and you can't get there. This winter for the first time, gravity hounds looking for mulit-day heli-skiing in the Alps can sign up to experience SwisSKIsafari Ultimate Journey a fine-wine and slide luxury tour that zips skiers around the country's top resorts in privately chartered helicopters."Ski and Board UK
"Right in our faces is the most amazing scene: what looks the whole of the Swiss Alps, including dozens of peaks that are more than 4,000 metres high.
We had started the tour in a Relais and Chateaux hotel in Verbier. We ended it in a luxurious resort and Spa in Saas Fee, surrounded by the highest mountains in Switzerland. And we’d ticked all the boxes: great skiing, stunning scenery, luxurious accommodation. And food – though not crevasses - to die for! I could get used to this heli-skiing lark."Daily Mail
"You don’t have to cross the Atlantic to go heliskiing. In Switzerland it may be a heavily restricted activity but it’s not banned, and a new company SwisSKIsafari has devised a cunning and spectacular itinerary to take in the best descents on offer."San Diego Tribune - USA
"SwisSKIsafari, offers adventures in what it calls the "last wild terrain" of the Alps. Rather than being based at remote mountain lodges, this operation flies out of classy resorts such as Switzerland's Zermatt (at the base of the Matterhorn, elevation 14,691 feet), Saas Fe, Verbier (which has views of Mont Blanc, elevation 15,771 feet) and Italy's Breuil-Cervinia.
With lodging in five-star hotels, no less. SwisSkisafari’s choppers drop off skiers near the top of peaks, and then guides lead them down runs that seem to go on forever. In some cases, you'll get a three-plus-hour run descending more than 8,000 vertical feet from summit to valley floor in stunningly beautiful country. Now that's skiing."The Herald Magazine - UK
"SwisSKIsafari does exactly what its name suggests: Takes you on a high mountain safari from resort to resort. You go up in helicopter and down by ski. You travel in a small group through some of the most exhilarating mountain scenery on the planet. And at the end of your exertions, you are welcomed at some of the best hotels Switzerland can offer. It is about getting the best of whatever it is."The Sunday Times - UK
"One of the most 'James Bond' holidays comes courtesy of SwisSKIsafari. Launched last season, the company has hit on a formula that combines pampering and adventure, guiding clients on heli-skiing safaris across Switzerland, checking into some of the country's most luxurious hotels each night."The New York Times - USA
"This year the new offerings continue - with [...] Swisskisafari in Europe, an operation that wines and dines guests while zipping among Alps' top resorts and backcountry stashes by helicopter to maximize on ski-time."Executive Travel Magazine
"For the best mix of skiing and après fun, head to Europe. Swisskisafari (swisskisafari.com) offers one of the most luxurious and unusual takes on heli-skiing, marrying backcountry adventure with Old Country magnificence. You’ll spend mornings heli-skiing big lines off 12,000-foot peaks near the Matterhorn, and afternoons flying to resorts like Saas Fe and Zermatt to ski the slopes."The Observer
"Danielle’s trips are for demanding and experience skiers or boarders, with a taste for adventure- as well as luxury-and a feel for some of the most spectacular landscapes on the planet. But the skiing level doesn’t have to be too high. Most of the slopes would rarely be much above blue/red in difficulty if they were pisted-but, of course they are not and that is the joy. You can experience the Alps in a way nobody else can."Evening Standard
"It’s not cheap, but everyone should try heliskiing once in their lives. And you don’t need to be a pro."Powder Magazine
"On safari- Switzerland’s Newest Heli-ski operator offers world class travel, if you’ve got the cash."